Synthetic Organic Chemistry Lab
Department of Chemistry
National Institute of Technology
Mobile No: +91-7094120663
My research focuses on organosulfur chemistry, metal-free, multi-component reactions to access novel structural motifs and heterocycles of interest in drug discovery.
Date of Joining
24 August, 2020
List of Publications
- K. Natarajan, S. Sharma, C. P. I. Jesin, R. Kataria, G. C. Nandi, Org. Biomol. Chem., 2022, One-pot synthesis of α-sulfoximinophosphonate via Kabachnik–Fields reaction - Organic & Biomolecular Chemistry (RSC Publishing) DOI:10.1039/D2OB01355Jhttps://pubs.rsc.org/en/content/articlehtml/2022/ob/d2ob01355j
- K. Natarajan, C. P. I. Jesin, A. A. H. Mercy and G. C. Nandi, Org. Biomol. Chem., 2021,19, 7061. A metal-free Petasis reaction towards the synthesis of N -(α-substituted)alkyl sulfoximines/sulfonimidamides - Organic & Biomolecular Chemistry (RSC Publishing) DOI:10.1039/D1OB01181B
- V. R. Padma Priya, K. Natarajan and G. C. Nandi, Tetrahedron 2022, 111, 132711. Advances in the photoredox catalysis of S(VI) compounds - ScienceDirect
Role and Responses:
- Hands-on experience with HPLC and Agilent–HRMS-QTOF (High-Resolution Mass Spectroscopy)
- Calibration, Sample run, Data solving, Daily maintenance, and basic alignments of HRMS
Ø Organic synthesis and purification techniques
Ø Spectroscopic techniques (UV, IR, NMR, HRMS)
Ø Experienced in handling MassHunter QTOF- mass profile, structural study
Ø Three years of teaching experience in NCERT class syllabus
⮚ 06/2018 – 04/2019: M.S project in synthetic organic chemistry, entitled “Synthesis of 2-thioindole-3-carbaldehydes” under the guidance of Dr. S. Muthusamy, at School of Chemistry, Bharathidasan University, Tiruchirappalli.
⮚ 07/2019 – 07/2020: Junior Research Fellow for one year in a DST-SERB project entitled Design Preparations and Utilizations of “Sulfonimidoyl Hydrazides” as Novel Precursors to Construct Difficult-to-Access Synthetically and Biologically Important “Sulfoximines”, under the guidance of Dr. Ganesh Chandra Nandi, Department of Chemistry, NIT-Tiruchirappalli.
⮚ 08/2020 Onwards: I am currently pursuing my doctoral research in the field of organic synthesis under the guidance of Dr. Ganesh Chandra Nandi, Assistant Professor, NIT-Trichy