Mythiri B. is a full-time research scholar in the field of English language teaching (Applied Linguistics) at the Department of Humanities and Social Sciences, National Institute of Technology, Thiruchirappalli, Tamil Nadu, India. She has presented papers in many national and international seminars. She is a passionate teacher and believes in being a facilitator and encourages learner-centred, collaborative learning.
Her area of research interest are English language education, Social-Emotional Learning and Second language acquisition.
Date of Joining
28 August, 2020
- 23rd Warwick international conference in applied linguistics University of Warwick. Problems and Possibilities in Negotiating with Online teaching: An Indian Perspective of a Limited Resource 'Language Classroom’ in June 2021 with Dr. V.K. Karthika
- International Virtual Conference on Interdisciplinary approaches to Education Research and Language Teaching August 2021 organised by Kumaraguru College of Technology, Coimbatore. The Possibility of Interspersing Heutagogical Method of Learning in Indian ESP Classrooms with Anjana Krishna S.
- International Conference Pandemic pedagogies in language education, October 2021 at CHRIST, Deemed to be University. Evaluating IELTS indicator as an alternative for traditional IELTS examinations: perspectives from test takers with Anjana Krishna S.
- 2nd Pan NIT HSS International Conference on Resilience and Transformation for Global Restructuring January 2022 at MNIT-Jaipur A Study on Indian ESL Teachers’ Classroom Practices in Fostering Social Inclusivity with Anjana Krishna S.
- The International Conference on Classroom Teaching and Research in English Language: A Prospective Evaluation February 2022 conducted by SSN Chennai Pedagogies in Contemporary Indian Engineering ESP Classrooms: Analysis and Suggestions with Anila V. S.
- International Conference on Language and Literature: Cultural and Pedagogical Perspectives in the Context of NEP 2020, June 2022 organised by Government Degree College for Women, Begumpet, Hyderabad. Social-Emotional Learning: Observations from an online ESP classroom
Training Programmes Organised & Attended
- Two Week Online Faculty Development Programme on 'Continuing Professional Development: Practising, Researching and Publishing' organised by the Department of Humanities and Social Sciences, NIT Trichy.
- One Week Online Training Programme title'Text and Context in Translation' organised by the Department of Humanities and Social Sciences, NIT Trichy in collaboration with National Translation Mission (GoI) and Tamil Nadu Textbook and Educational Services Corporation (TNTB&ESC).
An Orientation to the Indian Social and Emotional Learning Framework (ISELF) during 24th, 25th and 26th August 2022 conducted by The Teacher Foundation (TTF), Bangalore.
I am currently teaching HSIR-11 English for Communication course to 1st year B.Tech students of NIT-Trichy. Added to that, I am also a part-time freelance online tutor of creative writing.